The Sparrow 200 is an innovative autobraking descender from Climbing Technology, ideal for rope work at height – and capable of handling high loads safely up to 210kg, equivalent to lowering two people at the same time. Boasting high performance and stringent safety standards, the Sparrow 200’s main functionality allows the operator to reach the desired position by abseiling down the rope, position themselves and then climb back up the rope.
In rescue at height, Sparrow 200 is certified for the evacuation of two people at a time. Maximum certified load 200 kg. This allows the rescue operator to reduce evacuation times significantly in all conditions and environments.
- Its built-in braking spur can be used to create extra friction during a descent without having to use an additional connector.
- It has a multi-functional control lever with an automatic return mechanism. By actioning the control lever, the operator can descend at a controlled speed, always keeping hold of the free end of the rope. The lever lets you stop the descent at the desired working position without having to tie off the device, where the lever can be moved to the stand-by position to prevent it being accidentally opened.
- The Sparrow is also equipped with a safety decelerating system EBS (Extraordinary braking system) that activates decreasing the descending speed when the control lever is accidentally pulled strongly downwards.
- The safety gate on the moving side plate helps prevent dropping the device and facilitates installation of the rope when passing intermediate anchors.
Field of application:
- Rescue descender certified to EN 341:2011-2A
work load limit 200 Kg, max descent height 180 m.
To be used only with rope TEC Static PRO
- Rope adjustment device certified to EN 12841:2006-C
working load limit 210 Kg.
To be used only with static and semi static ropes – EN 1891 type A – Ø 11mm.
Well trained expert operators, exceptional cases, can use the sparrow for ascending the rope and for hauling.