Like walking on cotton wool
Hiking tours and mountain trips are usually of several hours’ duration. HAIX knows the importance of a boot in which you can walk comfortably. The Scout features an integrated PU foam layer to cushion your steps. Its tread also facilitates optimum toe-to-heel movement.
This is also a boot which is extremely quick to put on. The laces are fastened with a plastic clip rather than by making a knot and a bow and are then stored away in a practical side pocket. This means that they cannot catch on any branches or on any other objects that may be lying around.
The ideal boots for the hunting season
Hunting enthusiasts mainly pursue their hobby during the autumn and winter season. The boots they wear need to contend with significant amounts of rain and mud. The HAIX Scout offers outstanding insulation against the cold and wet. A three-ply GORE-TEX® membrane prevents water from penetrating into the boot. This keeps your feet dry at all times.
- The HAIX Scout is manufactured in hydrophobised nubuk leather. This is a material which is water repellent, highly breathable and particularly robust.
- Rubber elements are added to the toe and heel sections to help prevent wear and tear.
- A practical two-zone lacing system enables you to achieve different tightness levels in the foot and calf areas to ensure a perfect individual fit.
- A quick fastening system makes the HAIX Scout particularly easy to put on.
- There is also a small pocket to hold your laces secure.
Inner lining and inlays
- The pores of the GORE-TEX® membrane are small enough to prevent any drops of water from penetrating into your boot. Sweat, however, is expelled.
- The inner lining of the HAIX Scout is abrasion resistant and guarantees ease of wearing in both hot and cold conditions. This makes the Scout a particularly good option for those who work both indoors and outside.
- There is a special inlay to absorb sweat, which can be removed and washed as and when necessary.
- A fleece insole also absorbs moisture.
- The Vibram sole used in the Scout has been specially developed for mountainous terrain and therefore offers a high degree of slip resistance.
- The shape and height of the tread ensure a firm foothold on stony and rocky ground.
- The sole is resistant against heat and cold.
- It prevents penetration of oil or petrol into your boots as well as discharging electrostatic loads to ensure that no sparks are generated and that no fire can occur should there be any contact with flammable materials.
The HAIX Scout is equally suited to leisure and work use and provides comfort and safety when exploring any terrain. This is a robust trekking boot which will keep your feet dry, even after hours spent hiking through the rain and sludge. Try it out now!
The HAIX Scout is a trekking boot perfectly designed to meet the challenges of exploring the great outdoors. This is a particularly robust and hard-wearing boot. A rubber Vibram sole ensures excellent slip-resistance on all terrain – unstable stony ground, icy paths, or wet, muddy trails. The Scout has been designed with good foot health in mind, extending beyond the ankle up to a height of 17 centimetres, which protects the joints and avoids the possibility of twists and strains. An integrated PU foam layer in the sole facilitates optimum toe-to-heel movement and cushions your steps for superb comfort. The boot also offers outstanding insulation against the cold and wet, with hydrophobised nubuck leather and a three-play GORE-TEX membrane preventing water penetration, and the sole providing great resistant insulation against heat and cold. A special inlay in the inner-lining absorbs sweat and moisture, while the breathable membrane and Climate System makes for excellent climate comfort even in the height of summer.
EN ISO 20347:2012 O2 HRO HI CI WR FO SRC